Paul Lomic will be moderating IPIC's webinar: COVID-19 & IP Practice: Litigating From Your Living Room on May 15, 2020 at 1 p.m. EST.
The program will be discussing:
• Shifts in Federal Court practice and procedures
• Impact of COVID-19 suspensions on NOC proceedings
• Technology tools to help you work with your teams and move your matters forward
• Tips and tricks for conducting discoveries/cross-examinations/motions/trials remotely
• What can counsel do to help the Courts?
• What will be the lasting impact on litigation after COVID-19?
More information about the program can be found here.
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has further extended several deadlines related to trademarks and other IP to June 1, 2020. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
A link to CIPO’s guidance can be found here.
Lomic Law is pleased to announce Ivan Sobolev’s successful completion of IPIC’s Certified Canadian Trademarks Administrator (CCTA) course this April 2020. Ivan assists the Lomic Law team in managing Lomic Law’s national and international trademark portfolio. This program provides students with a thorough understanding of the trademark filing process from initial filing to renewal. Additionally, it teaches students of the basics of trademark litigation.